From the port of Pireus there are daily departures of flying dolphins and flying cats for Poros, which not only take passengers but vehicles as well. The trip lasts approximately 1 hour for the flying dolphins and approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes for the flying cats..
For more information on the ship's departures from the port of Poros or to get tickets, you can call the travel agency MARINOS TOURS: (+30) 22980 - 23423, 22977, 22297.
The timetables are executed by Hellenic Seaways : (+30) 210-4199000 SCHEDULES
From the port of Pireus there is daily departure of the Alpha Lines flying dolphin for Poros, which take only passengers and no vehicles.
The flying dolphin makes the shedule "Piraeus - Poros island". The trip duration is approximately 1 hour.
For more information on the ship's departures from the port of Poros or to get tickets, you can call the travel agency Askeli Travel (+30) 22980 - 29309 in Poros island.
The timetables are executed by Alpha Lines flying dolphin
From the port of Pireus there are daily departures of Ferry boats for Poros, which not only take passengers but vehicles as well. The trip lasts approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The first stop the ferry makes is at the port of Aegina, then it heads off to Methana and reaches its final destination which is Poros..
The timetables are executed by Saronic ferries: (+30) 210 - 4117341 / 4171190. SCHEDULES
For more information on the ship's departures from the port of Poros or to get tickets, you can call the travel agency FAMILY TOURS: (+30) 22980 23743, 22549, 26329.
If you own or rent a car, you can easily get from Athens to Poros in appoximately 2 hours. Through Attiki Odos, get on the National Road Athens – Corinth and make a left after the canal heading towards Epidauros (Corinth Exit 10 - Epidavros).
Drive for about 30 minutes and you reach the intersection of Epidaurus. Before getting there, you will see signs to Poros or Spetses. At the junction turn right and immediately drive under the bridge and make a left.
Then, follow the new road, making sure you don’t miss the sign to Poros. At this point, slightly turn left for Poros and you will reach Galata in 25 minutes, via the coastal road, from where you can hop on a small ferry to Poros.
The road is an extension of the highway, good enough for the entire journey, with an average speed, it takes about 2 hours to get there.
The small ferries from Galata departures run every 30 minutes. There is a big public parking, which is free, where you can leave your car in case you want to go across Poros by boat in 5 minutes.
There is a daily departure of a bus from the Peloponnese Station ( +30 210-5124910 - 11-12) at 16.30 which arrives in Galata, opposite the island of Poros, in about 2.5 hours.
For any change in the timetable, please get in contact with the Peloponnese bus Station to the telephone +30 210-5134588.
The transport from Galatas to Poros is:
A. With boats around the clock. Duration 5 minutes and departures every 15 minutes from 06:00 to 24:00 and every 30 minutes from 24:00 until 6:00.
B. There are departures of small ferries every 30 minutes
Peloponnese Station tel. +30 210 - 5134588 www.athenstransport.com
Station, Galatas Bus +30 22980 - 42480
At Villa Dolphins, apart from the personal care of your needs and the creation of a warm atmosphere, we also deal with the constant improvement of the services we offer to our guests. We try to combine the best possible accommodation with your enjoyment and outdoors activities for a more "dynamic" holiday.
* Βoat trips around the island so that you can see all the hidden beauty and swimm in small beaches with no access from the road
* Horse riding in the picturesque mountains of Poros island, amongst the nature and the trekking paths.
* Fishing by a traditional fishing boat and a profesional with you to the rich fishing grounds around the rocky shores of the Poros island.
* Bicycling around the island or across on the mainland to visit beautiful places such as the Monastery, Neorio, the Lover's bay, the Russian Shipyard and even the min town of Poros island.
* Day trips to the other islands of the Argosaronic such as Hydra island, Spetses island, Aegina island, Agistri island
* Day trips by rented car or mini bus (with or without a driver) to archeological sites on the mainland such as Ancient Epidaurus, Ancient Corinth, Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Troizina or the Covered Tombs of Magoula etc.