Whether you start from the old pier where the flying dolphins are coming, or from the new port where the big and small ferry boats are coming, the coastal road, going right after the small bridge, leads in Askeli which is located two kilometers NE of the port of Poros. Askeli "sees" the Myrtoo Sea and is built amphitheatrically on the slope of a pine-covered hill, with a panoramic view from above.
In Askeli there are four "serpentine" roads that start from the coast and with branches cross Askeli, climbing to the top of the hill, and thus greatly facilitate access.
In Askeli there is a supermarket, a bakery, a minimarket and a moped and bicycle rental shop for your short excursions.
In general, Askeli is the only beach in Poros that has a cosmopolitan style and at the same time is suitable for family tourism.
The cosmopolitan beach at Askeli, the most popular and one of the cleanest beaches in Poros, has been honored with a Blue Flag and is a large organized sandy beach overlooking the open sea.
The beach in places has sand or pebbles and in some places there are towering eucalyptus trees and tamarisk trees, which create shade for those who do not want much sun and have a space to play rackets.
In front of the beach there are cafe snacks, quaint taverns and steakhouse-restaurant, with quality food and really good prices.
The beach has four consecutive beach bars with sunbeds, umbrellas, tables and showers, which in addition to coffee, ice cream, drinks and soft drinks, offer tasty snacks and appetizers.
At the beginning of the beach there are changing rooms, toilets, beach volleyball court and then there is a ski school and water sports facilities.
Askeli has regular transport to the city of Poros by bus, taxi or boat.
If you feel like walking, it takes about 20 minutes.
At Villa Dolphins, apart from the personal care of your needs and the creation of a warm atmosphere, we also deal with the constant improvement of the services we offer to our guests. We try to combine the best possible accommodation with your enjoyment and outdoors activities for a more "dynamic" holiday.
* Βoat trips around the island so that you can see all the hidden beauty and swimm in small beaches with no access from the road
* Horse riding in the picturesque mountains of Poros island, amongst the nature and the trekking paths.
* Fishing by a traditional fishing boat and a profesional with you to the rich fishing grounds around the rocky shores of the Poros island.
* Bicycling around the island or across on the mainland to visit beautiful places such as the Monastery, Neorio, the Lover's bay, the Russian Shipyard and even the min town of Poros island.
* Day trips to the other islands of the Argosaronic such as Hydra island, Spetses island, Aegina island, Agistri island
* Day trips by rented car or mini bus (with or without a driver) to archeological sites on the mainland such as Ancient Epidaurus, Ancient Corinth, Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Troizina or the Covered Tombs of Magoula etc.