The Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus built in a ravine in 340 BC by the architect Poliklitos jr. from Argos, according to Pausanias. It has wonderful acoustics, a capacity of 13,000 spectators and is divided into two parts. The first part is that of 21 rows of seats for the common people and the second part is that of 34 seats for the priests and rulers.
The Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus is in a very good condition. We have got the Epidaurus festival institution that has been going on for many years. At Epidaurus has appeared, apart from some of the largest Greek actors as Alexis Minotis, Thanos Kotsopoulos, Anna Synodinou Thanasis Vengos etc., and the famous Greek soprano Maria Callas.
At Villa Dolphins, apart from the personal care of your needs and the creation of a warm atmosphere, we also deal with the constant improvement of the services we offer to our guests. We try to combine the best possible accommodation with your enjoyment and outdoors activities for a more "dynamic" holiday.
* Βoat trips around the island so that you can see all the hidden beauty and swimm in small beaches with no access from the road
* Horse riding in the picturesque mountains of Poros island, amongst the nature and the trekking paths.
* Fishing by a traditional fishing boat and a profesional with you to the rich fishing grounds around the rocky shores of the Poros island.
* Bicycling around the island or across on the mainland to visit beautiful places such as the Monastery, Neorio, the Lover's bay, the Russian Shipyard and even the min town of Poros island.
* Day trips to the other islands of the Argosaronic such as Hydra island, Spetses island, Aegina island, Agistri island
* Day trips by rented car or mini bus (with or without a driver) to archeological sites on the mainland such as Ancient Epidaurus, Ancient Corinth, Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Troizina or the Covered Tombs of Magoula etc.
Poros is the island of peace, romance and jauntiness. It is overgrown with pine trees which reach the rugged shores or the sandy beaches. The residents of Poros are like all islands, spontaneous, decent and hospitable.